Tuesday, September 30, 2008

MASSIVE SHAKEUP OF THE BLOG OF BOB BARIL COMING!

I received an e-mail from AOL that all AOL Journals will be shut down effective October 31, 2008.  I am not sure why that is the case.

Supposedly, they will have info. about how I can transfer my writings to another blog service, etc.

There certainly ARE other blog services out there.

When I set up my "AOL Public Journal" in Feb. of 2006, I did it because it was very easy to do so, and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and how to set up a blog!  Thus, it was "user friendly"!  I will say I've NEVER liked the very long URL address you get with an AOL Journal, but certainly once it starts getting a certain amount of "hits" it shows up on a Google search, AND for regular readers, it's just saved as a "favorite" you can go to.

I thought the whole thing about no more broadcast analog T.V. in Feb. was bad enough!   Now THIS! (We have cable in the living room, but actually have several broadcast analog T.V. sets.)

Well, it's ironic that Hallowe'en will be the last day of AOL Journals, and I don't even know what to say about that one!

I plan to still be posting here during the month of October, and one way or another, the Lord willing, I'll have some sort of a blog someplace later in the year!

No comments: