Wednesday, October 22, 2008

AOL MAILING PROBLEM ON WED. OCT. 22

"I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee:" (III John 13)

I arrived home from the Assemblies of God ministers' retreat this afternoon a little before 4. It was a good time. There is SO much I could write about it, but suffice it to say, it was a good time in many respects. I got to walk a beach yesterday; something I love to do, and I was very grateful!

I had not been on-line in over 48 hours.

I went on to discover that AOL has "launched" a new "upgrade" to AOL mail. I had 46 e-mails at revrbaril@aol.com and I WAS able to read them with no problem, but I was not able to send any e-mail. It just WOULD NOT SEND e-mail! One e-mail was from an out-of-state friend who'd experienced a crisis involving his teenage daughter. I wanted to let him know I'd received his message, but I could not. (I actually tried phoning his house and the call didn't even go through!) I also got several e-mails from the Convener (the leader) of the Framingham Interfaith Clergy Association. I am this year's Secretary, and there was one of them I really needed to respond to. I finally ended up calling his office and leaving a message with his Secretary. (At 4:45, I assume he'd probably gone for the day.)

I know we're all spoiled by these modern electronic "gadgets". Ten years ago, I did not even know what a "blog" was. (Did they even HAVE blogs ten years ago?) Fifteen years ago, I was just learning how to turn on and use a computer, and I was not on-line in those days. Now, like everybody else I'm completely dependent on e-mail. It was hard being away from it for over 48 hours. And, then the AOL Mail not working! Well, I was "not a happy camper".

(Although AOL Journals "goes away" after Oct. 31, there is a site on AOL blogs were people can comment on the new AOL mail upgrade. MANY left comments that they could not send e-mail today and are not happy. I also left such a comment! I hope this is all fixed in less than 24 hours!)

2 comments:

Bob Baril said...

UPDATE: AOL did fix the problem before the end of the day on Wed. I was one of at least 27 people who posted complaints with AOL. I guess out of thousands that's a very tiny amount but probably many didn't know where to post their complaints. Funny how I didn't need e-mail 13 years ago and now I can't seem to live without it!

Anonymous said...

actually, i couldn't send mail either. i just saved the letter as a draft and wasn't too ticked. but wow. wonder what the problem was