Friday, September 11, 2009

MARTIN'S FUNERAL STORY

"And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." (Luke 12:15)

The following was not written by me. It was written by Pastor W. Martin Hughes of Smith's Grove, Kentucky. Martin writes just like he speaks, with a rural Kentucky accent, but don't let that fool you. I believe he's got a Master's Degree in Education and he's not only a very smart man, but he's a very caring and wise man. I have gleaned and learned much from him. Several years ago, his church bought 2 small glass angels to donate to a family on the occasion of the funeral of an elderly relative. The amazing response to this gift is Martin's story which he entitled, "FEUD". Here's Martin's Funeral Story:

I was doing an old lady's funeral. She had a ton of flowers and two beautiful little angels.
Two of the granddaughters wanted the two angels, they would not split them, with one taking one,
and the other the other.
They decide to go in front of the funeral home and fight, winner takes all?
The two women around 30 went out to fight.
I stayed in the funeral home.
A man asked aren't you going to watch?
I replied no, I don't want to be a witness in court!
The two duked it out... the winner came in to claim her prized two angels...
They were gone...
Someone when out the back door with them while the fight was going on...
The lady came to me and asked me who took her angels?
I don't know I was in the lobby...
She called me a liar!
I told her if I knew who took the angels and she asked I would have to tell her.
I thought it was funny neither fighting party got the angels...
I bought the angels from our church, I paid $19.99 for both of them...
This family still has hard feelings over less than $20.
Kind of sad... From that day to this, 8 years or so, if I do angels I write on the angels
where I think they should go, then there is no fight.
How stupid to fight over worthless things?
Want to say; SELFISH?
AIN'T NO ANGEL, PIG OR POSSUM WORTH HARD FEELINGS.
Hebrews discusses the root of bitterness --- whereby many are defiled?
KIND OF SAD?
You are worth more than glass angels...

No comments: