Wednesday, September 30, 2009

THE TIMES OF THE SEASONS

Just as a quick explanation, there have been some questions about why the entries on my blog are often posted at 3 or 4 a.m. Some people think I must be up at all hours of the night on-line and writing on my blog in the middle of the night!

Blogspot is a service of Google. I assume Google/Blogspot must be located on the west coast because all of the entry times on my blogspot blog are in PACIFIC TIME! To be really specific, right now they’re in Pacific Daylight time.

So, whatever the time is listed that I posted a piece, you’ve got to add 3 hours to that to convert it to the Eastern time zone. Thus, entries that state I posted them at 3 a.m. or 4 a.m. were actually posted at 6 a.m. or 7 a.m. No, I’m certainly NOT “up all night on the computer” as some may believe!

Incidentally, I talked to my high tech son Jon about this and he explained that there is a (bit complicated) way of going into the blog controls and changing the time zone. I may eventually try that but for now I think I will leave it alone!

I hope that helps clarify things!

It COULD be worse! Google/Blogspot could be on GUAM time!

No comments: