Thursday, September 3, 2009

COMING EVENTS

“...I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord.”
(from Psalm 122:1)

The following is from the text of an e-mail I sent out this morning to some folks I know. It concerns two upcoming church events in Framingham. Before you dismiss this, please read it, because you just might be interested in one or both of these events!

Here’s what I wrote:

Hi!

I just want to share about 2 upcoming events:

FIRST:

I received a phone call yesterday from my friend, Pastor Rich Hurst of the Lutheran Church of Framingham. He asked me if I would attend and promote an event at his church which is happening
THIS COMING TUESDAY EVENING, SEPTEMBER 8. Judith Perry, who is a Lutheran missionary doing some (frankly) risky and dangerous ministry in the Far East will be their special guest speaker.
They're having sort of a "meet and greet" at 6; a free dinner will be served at 6:30, and then Judith's presentation will take place at 7 p.m.

I have planned to be present at the Lutheran Church on Tuesday night for both the dinner and the presentation.
(This event is also mentioned in the "Religion News" in today's [THURS. SEPT. 3] MetroWest Daily News.) They're recommending people call 508-877-2550 to let them know if they're coming to the dinner; I don't think that's absolutely necessary but it would be a courteous thing to do.

The Lutheran Church of Framingham is located at Edgell Road and Lyman Road. If you're heading from the Framingham Centre area to the Nobscot/Sudbury area, it's on your LEFT.

So, I hope you'll meet me at the Lutheran Church on Tuesday night if you at all possibly can!


SECOND:

Just a reminder that this coming weekend is Labor Day weekend. At our church (First Assembly of God of Framingham) we have no Sunday School this Sunday, and the morning worship service will be from 9:30 a.m. to approx. 11:00 a.m. Dress is :"casual" this Sunday. I won't be wearing a suit!

God bless you,
PASTOR BOB BARIL

(For more info. about either event, please send me an e-mail or call my church office at 508-875-5030.)

No comments: