Wednesday, January 3, 2007

GREAT NEWS ABOUT BOSTON'S 96.9 FM TALK - (extra entry)

"...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (James 5:16)

Many of you will remember my rant of about three months ago when Boston's 96.9 FM Talk knocked Michael Graham out of his afternoon drive slot and put him on for the 7-10 p.m. slot when "nobody" is listening.  This was done to make room for the return of Jay Severin.  Jay is an O.K. talk show host, but I felt 96.9 FM Talk was VERY wrong to bump Graham, even though the afternoon drive time has ORIGINALLY been Severin's.  Along with others, I "pitched a fit", contacted the radio station, contacted media outlets, and sounded off on this blog.  I also prayed that God would turn things around for Michael Graham.

GOD ANSWERS PRAYER!  Today it was announced that effective next week, Michael Graham will be on the air mornings from 10 to Noon.  This is a far better time slot for Michael Graham, and I think Michael Graham will do a far better job than Mike Barnicle has.  Barnicle constantly whines that he DOESN'T like talk radio and DOESN'T like the callers.  (Then WHY does he have a radio talk show??!  Well the management at 96.9 FM Talk finally figured that out!)  Also, Egan and Braudie will be on from Noon to 3 instead of Noon to 1.  Congratulations to both of them!  Both are liberals (especially Jim Braudie) and I frequently disagree with them, but they are engaging and local.  Bill O'Reilley's nationally syndicated show was O.K., but JUST O.K.  I'd rather listen to Egan and Braudie ANY DAY!

Now, there's only one more thing they need to do:  Give Pastor Bob Baril a 2-4 hour weekend show or at least make me a substitute host!  Honestly, I DO have some radio broadcasting experience from my days on the now defunct WJLT ("J-LIGHT RADIO).  No, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for Paula O'Connor to call me, but I guarantee I'd treat callers with more respect and warmth than Mike Barnicle does!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob, you'd make a wonderful talk show host!  Hope it happens someday.  Too bad that Framingham doesn't have a station that could feature local personalities.  You'd be very good at that and we really need something like that to focus on the problems here in Framingham and surrounding towns.

Jennie

Anonymous said...

Jennie, THANK YOU.  That means a lot!
When Philip Austin left J-LIGHT radio 8 or so years ago, I wanted to seriously approach Tim Horton about taking over his 3-4 P.M. talk show.  Unfortunately, Tim got turned off re. talk shows and went back to all music.  Of course, J-Light has been off the air for several years now.
Doing a radio talk show is one of my 3-4 big life dreams.  Maybe it will happen someday!

BOB BARIL

Anonymous said...

Yes, And I remember you were GOOD ! Whow knows what God can do for nothing is impossible for Him ...