Thursday, January 11, 2007

WRKO'S SHAMEFUL BEHAVIOR (extra entry)

“Providing for honest things, not only in the sight of the Lord, but also in the sight of men.”  (2 Corinthians 8:21)

Shortly after 11 o’clock this morning, WRKO announced they are hiring convicted felon and former Massachusetts Speaker of the House, Tom Finneran to be the morning drive talk show host effective February 12.  I guess Honest Abraham Lincoln is turning over in his grave!  Following the WRKO press conference, callers barraged on-air personality Todd Feinberg with angry opposition to Finneran’s hiring.  Feinberg did the dutiful, “I support my employer right or wrong” thing.  Feinberg is a nice guy and a sharp guy, and I’m sorry he was put in that awful position.  The WRKO management person who spoke put so much SPIN on this announcement that I’d guess Jerry Williams is also turning over in his grave.

The worst part is that current morning host Scott Allen Miller will be let go from the Boston station.  According the the management announcement, Miller is being “considered” for jobs at other radio stations in other cities.  (I wonder if Entrecom has a station in Podunk, Arkansas because if they do, that’s probably where Scotto is headed.)  Scott Allen Miller is a good talk show host, but not a great one.  It is understandable and believable that his ratings are not great.  However, my guess is that WRKO could have found another time slot for him, but just chose not to.

In the past I’ve been highly critical of FMTalk 96.9 and their treatment of talks show host Michael Graham.  After experiencing how badly WRKO has treated Scott Allen Miller and the WRKO listeners, I admit I owe FMTalk 96.9 an apology!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of talk shows, I'm glad that Michael Graham is back on at a decent hour, but only has  two hours!  He's just getting started and before you know it it's noontime and the two most boring people in the United States, Margery Eagan and Jim Braude are given THREE hours to bore listeners to death.  Then at 3:00 pm we have Jay Severin with his huge ego who loves to make sexually suggestive remarks.  I don't know how he gets away with it, now that he and his wife have moved to Massachusetts. Does she not listen to the show?  I read that they bought a huge mansion somewhere on the North Shore, I believe.  Why WTKK allows this married man to indulge his sexual fantasies on radio during daytime hours is beyond me.  This show should be X-rated and on between 12 and 3 am. Or better still, not on at all.