Wednesday, January 28, 2009

7 DAYS TILL DENNIS! (extra entry)

“Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.” (I Timothy 5:17)

Yes, there are 7 Days Till Dennis! No, I’m not talking about “Dennis the Menace”! For those who know Dennis Seler, I’m not talking about him, either.
I’m talking about Actor Dennis Cole who in character as the Apostle James, or as Jesus, or some other Biblical character is AMAZINGLY POWERFUL! For those who are yawning and thinking, “What’s this, some hokey, goofy two-bit Sunday School thing or something?” NO, it isn’t!

Actor Dennis Cole will be ministering (well, “performing” but I’m not sure if he likes that term) at our church, First Assembly of God of Framingham on Wednesday night, February 4 at 7:30.

I first saw Dennis “perform” in Webster, MA during the summer of 2007. The Assemblies of God church in Webster has a big outdoor festival every year called, “Webstock”. It’s at Webster Lake. (Yes, that lake with the ridiculously long Indian name, so I call it Webster Lake!) I went on that August afternoon. It was a fun day of swimming and games and a HUGE cookout, ALSO a water baptism service, AND Dennis Cole ministering in drama. I was SO impressed with this guy that I thought, “I’ve GOT to have him come to our church sometime.”

Dennis is based out of New Mexico. He’s originally from suburban New York City. He went to the same high school as Rick Amendola who was the pastor of the Webster church at the time, hence the connection. Dennis and I talked, and he ended up coming to our church for two services on a Sunday in October of 2007. Everybody LOVED him! He will be on Cape Cod next week and that’s how I booked him for a Wednesday night. Speaking of Cape Cod, I later learned that my friend Pastor Ed Delacoeur of Pocasset Baptist Church in Bourne has had Dennis ministering there on four different occasions and he was very well received, as well.

Please check out Dennis Cole’s website at
http://dcministries.com

Whoever you are- Believer, Unbeliever, Gentile, Jew, Catholic, Protestant, WHATEVER- I encourage you to mark Wednesday, February 4 on your calendar and plan to be in attendance at First Assembly of God of Framingham that night. You can check out our website at www.agframingham.org

My e-mail address is at the right - feel free to contact me for more information.

No comments: