Wednesday, January 7, 2009

JERRY SHERMAN'S LETTER (extra entry)

“For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.” (Romans 5:7)

God bless Jerry Sherman! I don’t know him. I don’t think I have ever met him. But he wrote a Letter to the Editor to the MetroWest Daily News (Tuesday, January 6, 2009) about the DANGEROUS pedestrian crossing at Routes 126 and 135 in downtown Framingham.

Before you yawn and turn your computer off: This is a big deal to me. I’m on foot crossing that intersection probably at least ten times per week...sometimes more than that. It’s VERY dangerous. At night, it is terrifying!

The intersection HAD pedestrian lights which would stop traffic in all directions. A couple of months ago, the pedestrian crossings were reconfigured so you can ONLY shut down the cars going straight ahead at the crosswalk you’re in. Cars are still rapidly moving through the intersection, turning, etc. Many of us have nearly been hit several times.

In my opinion, there WILL be a pedestrian death at that intersection unless something is done about it. The death will probably be within the next year; maybe sooner. I’ve actually e-mailed someone I know in the Framingham Planning Dept. asking them to please read Sherman’s letter and pass it on to whoever is most responsible for that intersection.

Please check out-

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/opinion/letters/x1703187349/Sherman-Signal-woes-in-Framingham

No comments: