Friday, July 6, 2007

HOME AGAIN

"... I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." (from Philippians 4:11)

My daughter Rachel and I arrived home on Tuesday night.  I'm happy to report that the drive home from Missouri went well- it was very different from the ride TO Missouri!

Time would fail me to tell ALL about the trip.  We DID get to go to Silver Dollar City in Branson, but did NOT get to visit Silver Dollar City's "Marvel Cave".  This was VERY disappointing for my daughter Rachel.  Most of the time we were there, the cave tours were closed.  We DID have fun at Springfield, Missouri's Bass Pro Shop.  Visiting Bass Pro in Springfield (their "Store Number One") is an "experience"!

Back here at home, we attended the Natick 4th of July Parade on Wednesday morning.  I always enjoy the Natick Parades and this year's was great, as always.

I made the mistake of joining my wife for a grocery shopping trip on Wednesday at Noontime.  I guess the folks back in the pre-1980 era had the right idea to have supermarkets closed on major holidays!  Without going into a lot of detail, I had a real bad experience at this supermarket.  I won't tell you which supermarket it was, but I absolutely regretted going.  We usually shop at the crack of dawn to avoid crowds and foolishness.  Today only confirmed that shopping at the crack of dawn is a VERY good idea!   After a week in the amazingly friendly and polite Midwest, I'm finding the Boston-area rudeness kind of hard to take.  I wish we New Englanders could be more like the people in those "middle America red states" but I guess I have to learn to be content where I am, as the Apostle Paul admonishes in Philippians 4!

Anyway, I'm back!



No comments: